(Senior) Engineer Cloud Technologies
With over 38 000 staff in more than 410 laboratories across 44 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a life sciences company operating laboratories to provide a comprehensive range of analytical testing services drawing on the latest developments in biotechnology. The Group specialises in delivering analytical testing and advisory services to clients from a wide range of industries including in between the pharmaceutical, food and environmental sectors.
Grow with us and join our team as:
(Senior) Engineer Cloud Technologies
The Cloud Engineer is supporting the creation of the Eurofins Cloud Concept environment and aligns it with Eurofins business needs. He/She supports further automation and development of the environment with strong focus on the security aspects of used technologies. He/she also assesses existing IT Solutions, IT Infrastructure components and verifies their alignment with the Eurofins Cloud Concept environment. This position gives a unique possibility to take part in both: corporate and start-up environment.
The main responsibilities of a Cloud Engineer:
- Create a cloud environment together with the existing cloud concept taskforce;
- Create an automation framework and tooling for use in the cloud environment;
- Provide Cloud Consulting to Business System Owners and IT Infrastructure and Operations;
- Create and update Cloud Concept documentation;
- Deliver the content for the Eurofins cloud awareness program and support it’s execution.
- Update the reporting and KPIs around the project/concept;
- Support the team in day to day activities;
- Help to create Cloud Concept team policies and review policies of other Eurofins departments.
- Collaborate with the IT Infra Build and IT Security teams and management in other ongoing initiatives.
Minimum of 3 years of professional consulting or enterprise experience as a Cloud Engineer/Architect.
- M.Sc. or comparable education in Information Technology or Information Security;
- Experience in the design of cloud-based environments;
- Public cloud platform expert knowledge, especially Azure and AWS (GCP is a plus);
- Background of a Linux/Windows system administrator or backend developer;
- Understanding of Next Gen Data Centre Networks (Cisco ACI);
- Have an understanding of on-premises technologies (e.g. VMware);
- Large scale application deployment and management;
- Creating solution architectures for availability, performance and cost;
- Configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, vRA or similar) and container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Docker Swarm);
- Understanding of CI/CD environments;
- Understanding of security, network, virtualization, load balancing, storage and database (on premise and in the cloud);
- Solid understanding of how to secure cloud services and data;
- All in all, have a solid engineering/technical background/hands-on experience with conceptualising, strategizing and architecting cloud solutions;
- Be able to work directly with customers - social skills and a customer service attitude are a must;
- Languages: fluent English, French or German is beneficiary.
- Experience in the cloud incident detection and handling;
- Experience in designing and executing cloud related processes;
- Experience in designing and executing cloud related programs;
- Relevant Cloud Certifications such as MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS CSA Professional.
- Very good communication skills (concise writing and orally convincing);
- Very good interpersonal relation skills at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work in a complex international environment;
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities.
- Very attractive, multicultural and friendly work environment in fast-growing international company (more than 40 000 employees now);
- Possibility to grow and make the next step in your professional career and self-development;
- Long-term relationship and very attractive and competitive salary package and bonus;
- Medical and life insurance, MyBenefit system;
- Permanent contract from the very beginning;
- Possibility of Home Office (up to 20% of time);
- Flexible working hours.