Network Engineer to Hamburg, Germany
With over 32 000 staff in more than 410 laboratories across 42 countries, Eurofins Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and that it is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for agroscience, genomics and discovery pharmacology and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the significant emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Grow with us and join our team as:
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Daily operation, administration and management of LAN, WLAN and WAN infrastructure for more than 30 000 employees worldwide and company customers;
- Create appropriate documentation to ensure smooth transition of new technologies into production and the effective operational support of such technologies;
- Effectively manage a global enterprise communication network, regularly monitoring its performance, functionality and capacity and making recommendations to constantly improve and align the environment to current requirements;
- Provide escalated support as needed for the operations teams;
- Execution of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure) to ensure high-quality processes.
Qualifications, experience, and technical skills required:
- 8-10 years of experience in IT area alongside recent 3-5 years of professional consulting or enterprise experience as a Network Administrator/Engineer;
- Good knowledge of networking and datacenter technologies, switching, routing and high-availability using Cisco components;
- Good knowledge of LAN / WAN / WLAN topologies, Proxies, Load Balancers;
- Good knowledge of Network security (Firewall, VPN);
- Knowledge of networking and Data Center Design and Architecture models like Cisco ACI;
- Knowledge of QoS and queuing theory, traffic shaping and policy management and other operational/engineering activities;
- Experience in BGP/OSPF, Routing convergence optimization;
- Familiarity with MPLS;
- Knowledge of IPsec, Dynamic and Route Based VPN tunnels;
- Remote Access, Authentication (such as Radius/TACACS), Cisco ACS server;
- Basic knowledge of Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems (IDS);
- Deployment and administration of various Cisco Solutions;
- Experienced with Load Balancers;
- Working in a controlled environment with regards to Change Management;
- Familiarity with Technical Documentation;
- ITIL Foundation certificate or equivalent knowledge of ITIL.
- Incident management experience (preferably ITIL-based);
- Working with a ticket system (such as OTRS);
- Knowledge of Layer 2 protocols, specifically: Ethernet, IEEE 802.2, IEEE 802.11, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP/RSTP), First Hop Redundancy protocol (HSRP,VRRP/GLBP), Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP), DHCP relay configuration in switch and firewall;
- Experience with Layer 3 Protocols, specifically: IPsec Tunnel, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, QOS;
- Knowledge and experience with the management and configuration of Cisco switching devices and Cisco IOS, such as Catalyst: 29xx, 3xxx or Nexus devices such as 5k,7k & 9k;
- Knowledge and experience managing and configuring Cisco routing devices like 29xx,19xx,43xx;
- Basic knowledge and experience of firewalling technologies, accepted best-practices.
Qualifications and experience desired:
- Knowledge of SD-WAN Technology;
- Knowledge of Wireless Technology, such as Cisco Wireless controllers, (CAPWAP, Autonomous); familiarity with Aerohive access points;
- Knowledge of VoIP Technology, such as Cisco Call manager, UCS, CUCM, design and execution of various Cisco Unity configurations supporting Unified Messaging;
- Knowledge and understanding of KPI concepts;
- Expertise in Microsoft ADCS components and Microsoft AD;
- Understanding of x509 certificates and extensions.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 protocols, such as SIP, H.323, MGCP, SDP, CAPWAP;
- Deep knowledge of MPLS.
Additional qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors degree or comparable education;
- English Fluency is required, French or German is beneficiary but not a must;
- Network experience in a geographically diverse environment;
- Experience in an international company (preferred);
- CCNP certificate (preferred) or comparable knowledge (must);
- CCDA/CCDP, CCNA/CCNP Security, CCNA/CCNP Wireless certificates or equivalent knowledge (nice to have).
- Independent self-propelled collaborator;
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities;
- Ready to move to other country.
- Possibility to gather experience in multinational environment;
- Support in growth and development within organization;
- Positive work atmosphere;
- Competitive salary;
- Health and nursing care insurance as per German law;
- Pension insurance as per German law;
- Permanent contract from the beginning;
- Relocation package.