Junior Lean Programme Leader - Europe
With over 38 000 staff in more than 410 laboratories across 44 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a life sciences company operating laboratories to provide a comprehensive range of analytical testing services drawing on the latest developments in biotechnology. The Group specialises in delivering analytical testing and advisory services to clients from a wide range of industries including in between the pharmaceutical, food and environmental sectors.
Following a dynamic growth, Eurofins is currently strengthening our Group Service Centre in Katowice, providing services to European Group Entities in areas such as: purchasing, reporting, controlling, recruitment and IT.
Grow with us and join our team as:
Junior Lean Programme Leader - Europe
We are looking for candidates who will support the further development and implementation of Lean in Eurofins, by driving cross-site and cross functional Lean topics in coordination with local Lean experts, coaching and occasionally supporting local Lean teams and by further developing the “Eurofins Lean Academy” and toolset.
In cooperation with senior experts you’ll be responsible for operational support of regional lean projects and initiatives by coordinating relevant events and the work of project groups, managing documentation, as well as developing possible optimizations and automation of the process. As part of the global Corporate Lean Programme team, you will also support the further development of the “Eurofins Lean Academy”, launch and run Lean projects and define best practices.
- Organizing training and lean events – logistics, planning and communication
- Leading selected events, workshops and training sessions
- Coordinating work of multiple international teams involved in lean projects - sharing lean experience and best practice, coordinating the cooperation and information flow
- Participating in regional lean projects: e.g. changing or designing a layout for a new laboratory, making sure that lean principles are applied
- Ensuring that all identified and successfully tested practices are documented, using standardized templates
- Cooperating internationally with Local Permanent Improvement Initiatives Teams and Lean Experts
- Executing and supporting lean projects on site
- Developing tools (Excel, Access) for performance management measurement
- At least Bachelor degree (Engineering, Science or Economy degrees are preferred)
- Formal and on-the-job training of Lean and/or operational excellence experience
- At least 1-2 years of project implementation experience
- Experience in successful application of key lean/six sigma tools: Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Variability analysis, visual performance boards, root cause analysis and problem solving techniques (e.g. Ishikawa diagram) and in deploying tools on the shop floor
- Experience with team based performance management systems and ability to translate objectives into measurable KPIs
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of SQL queries, VBA and/or MS Access will be a great added value
- Advanced knowledge of standard office applications as MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Visio, X-Mind or similar and general knowledge about systems, IT architecture and production will be an asset
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of work time to different European locations
- Strong change management skills and god interpersonal skills (team management, written and oral communication, presentation skills) are as important as the functional skills for successful Lean implementation in a decentralized organization such as Eurofins
- Unique opportunity to be engaged in establishing a lean philosophy in our organization
- Independency in shaping the processe
- International, open-minded, inspiring work environment with exposure to senior management across all regions and divisions
- Excellent growth opportunities
- Meaningful work towards process excellence
- Attractive remuneration and annual bonus package
- For Poland:
- Private Medical care
- Multicafeteria Benefit system
The job can be located in any city in Europe - preferably close to current Eurofins Site with an easy access to airport.