With EUR 2.97 billion in annual revenues and over 35,000 staff in around 310 sites across 44 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories providing a unique range of analytical testing services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins is also one of the fastest growing listed European companies. Since its IPO on the French stock exchange in 1997, Eurofins' sales have increased by 36% each year (in compound average).
As a shared service center serving the whole Group, the business line “IT Infrastructure and Operations” is implemented in 11 IT Regions worldwide, including 16 business units, 322 FTE and a yearly budget around 26M€.
The main missions of IT Infrastructure and Operations are:
- Hosting and management of Group data center;
- Provide Service Desk support ;
- Facilitate global communication and collaboration systems
IT Infrastructure Controller - Intern
Within the Group Controlling team based in Eurofins Headquarter, you will assist the IT Infrastructure Controller on the following tasks:
- Be deeply involved in the yearly budget process;
- Contribute to the P&L analyses of the IT infrastructure business line
- Translate management reporting into actionable information and KPIs for both the CIO and the IT infrastructure Director;
- Support the coordination & implementation of Group's Finance policies & procedures.
Role & Objectives:
- Be deeply involved in the yearly budget process:
o In strong relationship with the local National Service Centers, ensure the coordination and the smooth running of the budget process;
o Collect, analyse and consolidate financial data;
o Ensure that the budget is properly administered and follows Group guidelines
o Propose actions to improve future process performance;
- Contribute to the P&L analyses of dedicated scopes, including - but not limited to:
o Standard P&L management reporting (monthly/quarterly):
§ analysis of financial figures;
§ budget deviation analyses;
o Ad hoc queries and financial information requested (capex, purchasing..) ;
- Translate management reporting into actionable information and KPIs:
o Propose / develop new management KPI’s – including improving existing KPI’s – by conceptualizing financial / business / management insights;
o Provide relevant, user-friendly business information, to allow for analysis and understanding of performance and for making optimized decisions.
- Support the coordination & implementation of Group's Finance policies & procedures
o Take part in the implementation of Finance IT systems and tools in order to support & automate controlling activities & reporting;
o Support the implementation of key Group Finance policies and procedures.
· Personal skills:
o Results oriented;
o High level of energy, drive and passion to succeed
o Change agent, „can do“ mindset constantly challenging „status quo“
o Very structured with strong organisational skills
o Very accurate and highly reliable
o Pragmatic, proactive, flexible and adaptable
o Ability to work in an autonomous manner and with senior executives
o Good communication skills
o Master Degree in Finance or equivalent
· Language skills:
o English (fluent written and spoken)
o Any additional language is an asset
· Other skills:
o Good technical / conceptual understanding of Finance & Finance-IT systems
o Standard Microsoft office products, especially Excel;
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
In a fast-growing group, successful interns are frequently being offered full-time positions with increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).