IT Infrastructure Architect
With over 38 000 staff in more than 410 laboratories across 44 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a life sciences company operating laboratories to provide a comprehensive range of analytical testing services drawing on the latest developments in biotechnology. The Group specialises in delivering analytical testing and advisory services to clients from a wide range of industries including in between the pharmaceutical, food and environmental sectors.
Following a dynamic growth, Eurofins is currently strengthening our Group Service Centre in Katowice, providing services to European Group Entities in areas such as: purchasing, reporting, controlling, recruitment and IT.
Grow with us and join our team as:
IT Infrastructure Architect
We are looking for a project delivery focused Infrastructure Architect to design and lead complex systems and network implementations required to support corporate operations. The individual will be responsible for researching and championing new relevant technologies, developing technical standards and creating / presenting technology roadmaps. This is a hands-on role that requires frequent travels to establish close collaboration with the operations/infrastructure/project teams.
- Establish and publish infrastructure architecture strategies, choices, and standards including the management of the performance, availability, capacity, compliance, and responsiveness of the delivered services
- Responsible for researching, cost-justifying, recommending, and establishing current and future hardware architectures for all aspects of the company
- Ensure that the performance, scalability, and security are optimized during the design of the infrastructure
- Lead and track infra technical obsolescence, refresh and decommission.
- Contribute the end-to-end processes on global IT infrastructure equipment procurement recommendations
- Participate in the design review process and support the overall Enterprise Architecture Management process
- Identify, document and promote best practices for infrastructure architecture and lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive higher efficiency and performance of datacenter services
- Liaise within the corporate Enterprise Architecture Office for standardization of best practices, editing of infrastructure guidelines and design of reusable components
- 5-10 years of experience in infrastructure / network architecture design and support
- Technically solid in corporate and enterprise scale of network / infrastructure implementation
- Systems Thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Proven experience of acting as the expert in infrastructure/operations/project teams
- Excellent communication with technical leaders
- Capable to establish trust based on outstanding technical expertise
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- Ability to travel 50% of his/her time
- English spoken and written
- Practical and hands-on experience in infrastructure areas including network architecture, Microsoft Windows Server Platforms, virtualization platforms including VMware, Cloud Computing (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS), data replication technologies, event monitoring and configuration management tools
- Experience in solution design principles, practices, system development methodologies, and software life cycles with experience in a combination of system and application architectures
- Experience coordinating vendor solution delivery and partnering effectively with vendors to meet business needs
- Good all-round understanding of server and storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management
- Very attractive, multicultural and friendly project environment in fast growing international company
- Cooperation with highly skilled and professional team of architects, functional and technical experts
- Flexible working hours including combination of remote work, home office and international travels
- Possibility to grow and make the next step in your professional career and self-development
- Long-term relationship and very attractive and competitive salary package and bonus