IT Infra Architect
Architect and design secure, robust, scalable IT Infrastructure platforms to support delivery of IT Services provided by IT Infra. This also includes adoption of reusable technology assets to improve efficiency;
Implement life-cycle planning for all in-scope IT Infrastructure components;
Define standards and policies for the deployment and operations of all in-scope IT Infrastructure;
Prepare vendor engagement documents including RFIs and RFPs;
Drive product evaluation and selection of new IT Infrastructure products to meet strategic business initiatives. This may include project activities from proof-of-concepts, production deployment and handover to IT Operations;
Provide leadership support and expert hands-on technical support and guidance to the Technical Management teams;
Undertaken self and team training and development plans to drive technology certification and currency on new and emerging technologies;
Undertake financial planning and budgeting to support the annual budget process.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to listen, gather and understand information about people and situations, quickly;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence across the organization and externally;
- Excellent attention to detail and quality;
- At ease with distant & international communications through a wide array of technologies (ticketing tool, documents and forums, phone, chat, e-mail).
Initial Education Background:
- Master's degree.
Additional Education Background:
- Certification ITIL Foundation V3 highly appreciated, but not mandatory.
Language skills and level expected:
- English (fluent) required;
- German (fluent) beneficial.
(Mother tongue; Fluent; Professional)
Type and duration of previous experience:
• Significant experience required as IT Infra Architect (5 years or more) at enterprise level data centre with more than 500 servers;
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across IT Infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration and applications layers;
- Prior experience in managing vendors including contract negotiation and service level management.
- Expert skills on following technologies or products/vendors:
o Cisco, HP, Palo Alto and Juniper;
o Linux and Windows operating system;
o VMware Vsphere;