Information Security Consultant (SIEM / IDS)
With over 32,000 staff in more than 410 laboratories across 42 countries, Eurofins Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and that it is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for agroscience, genomics and discovery pharmacology and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the significant emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA. Following a dynamic growth, Eurofins is now focusing a lot on process excellence and compliance. Hence as a part of an exciting challenge of making its Finance and other processes more efficient, harmonized and close to best in class, Eurofins is currently establishing in Katowice, Poland a near-shore Shared Service Centre (SSC) providing services to European Group Entities.
Grow with us and join our team as:
Information Security Consultant
(SIEM / IDS)
The Information Security Consultant will be responsible for monitoring and analysis of network traffic, Intrusion detection system (IDS) events, network and system logs and alerts generated from SIEM-type system. The consultant will be responsible for security monitoring of Eurofins applications and network infrastructure through the use of a SIEM system linked to an IDS. The consultant will define & implement processes for driving remediation of the identified risks and vulnerabilities. The consultant will also coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure that remediation activities are performed appropriately and in a timely manner.
Our offer includes:
- Possibility to gather experience in multinational environment
- Support in growth and development within organization
- Positive work atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- MyBenefit system
- Health insurance
Your experience and skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional consulting or enterprise experience as a: Cyber-security threat analyst; SIEM/IDS Engineer; Systems or Network Administrator.
- Strong experience in security monitoring, incident response and security technologies;
- Experience with a SIEM-type system;
- Experience with IDS platforms (e.g. McAfee, IBM, Cisco);
- Experience with traffic analysis and packet monitoring tools (e.g. Wireshark);
- Strong understanding of network security principles and protocols;
- Ability to document technical details clearly and concisely.
- Relevant Information Security Certifications such as OSCP, CISM, CISSP, CEH or CompTIA Security+;
- Experience working within a SOC at L2/L3 level;
- Experience with information security devices (e.g. firewalls);
- Good MS Excel and Sharepoint skills.
- Sc. or M.Sc. in Information Technology or Information Security;
- Languages: fluent English;
- Driving License: Yes.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Monitor multiple security technologies as part of security operations duties including IDS, SIEM etc;
- Analyse event logs, qualify incidents as necessary and identify the occurrence of security related events;
- Identify and remove false positives;
- Report security events to appropriate stakeholders;
- Create remediation suggestions and review remediation effectiveness;
- Perform root cause analysis and identify preventive measures;
- Perform escalations based on severity of issues.
- Support the Associate Director Information Security and the Security Operations Centre Manager in day to day activities;
- Collate data for periodic Information Security Reporting and KPIs.